Friday, August 3, 2012

The power of your words

Many times it is easy for us to get frustrated with something that seems difficult, and say something to the effect of "I can't do it", "that's impossible", "I'll never make it."

What we don't realize, is that by saying this words, we create a self-fulfilling prophecy.  Your words have real power, and constantly taking jabs at yourself is only going to give your ego more power, and hinder your self-confidence.  You should always watch your words, because when they are spoken, you are putting that energy into motion, whether you intended to or not.  It is even believed that your thoughts can cause the same effect.

Now, obviously it may not necessarily be an overnight process to retrain your mind to not use these words, but you can start to take baby steps.  When your ego rears its ugly head and fills you with the ideas that something is "too difficult for you", take that phrase and change it into something more positive.  For instance, "that may be a challenge, but I will really feel accomplished when I complete it".  This statement shows that you intend to reach your goal, and that while it may have obstacles, it is not out of reach.

This is something that I have been working on myself, and I figured I would share it.  Remember, the only person that can keep you from doing something is YOU!!!

~Wynter Moonstone

No comments:

Post a Comment